From the President
Welcome to MELA - the Massachusetts Employment Lawyers Association. We are an organization of attorneys who devote a majority of their practice to representing employees, rather than companies.
Our mission is to enforce and advance employee rights. We do this by working to increase awareness, improve advocacy, monitor legislation and support members in their practices.
Our members handle a wide variety of employment matters including:
- discrimination on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, pregnancy, age and disability
- retaliation for engaging in protected activity
- sexual harassment and other types of hostile work environments
- overtime, minimum wage, commissions and other pay failures
- independent contractor/misclassification
- non-competition and confidentiality agreements
- unemployment issues and severance
- civil rights violations including freedom of speech
As the National Employment Lawyers Association’s (NELA) Massachusetts Chapter, we work with closely with NELA to leverage our efforts across the country.
We welcome you to our website, and hope that you will join our effort.
Please let me know if you have any questions. And, if you are a lawyer who devotes a majority of your practice to representing employees, please complete a membership application
. We'd love to work with you.
David I. Brody